Hexagon PPM (formerly Intergraph Process, Power & Marine) is the leading global provider of engineering software and project control solutions. We transform unstructured information into a smart digital asset, empowering our clients to visualize, create, and manage the life cycle of facilities and structures of all complexities. For more information visit HexagonPPM.com
Hexagon PPM is part of Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; Hexagon.com), a leading global provider of information technology solutions that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial landscapes. #LI-KM1
This position is responsible for providing remote first and second level advice/service support to Information Services' internal customers relating to installation, maintenance, procurement, use and repair of Hexagon Asia-Pacific's IT internal resources including providing call taking and escalating, where applicable, to third level Information Services support engineers. This position is also responsible for ensuring the required levels of service and customer satisfaction are maintained. International travel may occasionally be required.
Main Activities Indicate the main activities of the position and the major tasks undertaken by the incumbent.
• Providing first and second level support by typically voice and electronic means, creating solutions to technical/application client problems and queries.
• Allocating the necessary resources to resolve client problems and queries in an effective and timely manner.
• Manage escalated issues and ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
• Sharing information/best practices amongst the team and delivering technical training to other team members.
• Attending relevant product and skill courses and contributing to the growing body of knowledge of the group.
• Maintaining a database of customers through regular follow-up of problems and queries - keeping accurate records of support activities
• Keeping management aware of potential areas for systems and service provision improvements.
• On-site assistance for server & network remote build & configuration by infrastructure team
• Travel may require based on project or business demand.
Essential Familiarity with:
• Windows Win7/Win 8
• Internet Explorer configuration (e.g. proxy settings, security zones, etc)
• Microsoft Office 365
• At least 1 year in a technical support role
• Basic Active Directory Administration
• Windows file and share permissions
• Basic hardware troubleshooting and support
• TCP/IP (basic understanding)
• System and network security best practices. Certifications preferred.
• Windows registry
Desirable Familiarity with:
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and higher
• IIS (basic understanding)
• Anti-virus applications
• Data backup applications and methodologies
• Microsoft Exchange user administration
• Windows desktop VPN technologies
• Working Knowledge of Asterisk (IP PABX), server & network infrastructure
• Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese or Korean language communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent communication skills for understanding technical problems and clearly explaining solutions to both technical and non-technical customers at all levels.
• Ability to deal with busy, high-pressure situations
• Ability to focus on the task at hand
• Active listening skills
• Ability to provide quality support to remote users
• Ability to prioritise
• Excellent record keeping and organisational skills
• Fulfill daily support as level1/level2 support engineer, maintain satisfactory of internal customers.
• Timely escalate support requests to team leader or other teams if it's beyond capability or access right.
• Support Infrastructure team to migrate/setup/maintain network/server devices in local office or others if needed.
• Maintain good relationship with vendors and fulfill the procument requests of internal customers on time.
• Work with other IT team members together on global projects and plans