This position is responsible in creating operating instructions, how-to manuals, assembly instructions, and “frequently asked questions” pages to help users within a company.
It should be noted that Technical Writer supplied to PETRONAS GTS shall only focus on the configurations/customizations done to the following software (P-EDMS (SPO), SDV,2D, S3D only)
Aid in the production of the following documents:
-Document Management System (EDW & FDW)
-SDV for Data Validation (EDW)
-Handover from EDW to FDW (using SDV)
-P-EDMS interface to SAP, APM, OSI PI, & SharePoint
-TML, FMT & Corrosion Loop
1. To be able to gather and finalize requirements
2. Conduct workshops with relevant stakeholders
3. Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
4. Conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
5. Researches and translates technical information inton manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and tecnhical users.
6. Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
7. Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
1. The technical details need to be specific to show the instructions a user will need to follow, including steps in a process and tools being used.
2. The documentation needs to be attainable in terms of what it is teaching to the audience, i.e. if the user is not high-level, then the writing needs to written to a lower level.
3. The writing in a document needs to function in a certain time period, or it needs to be timely in terms of information that is up to date.